Teen Vocal Showcase
2019 Xtreme Teens Rising Stars Vocal Showcase
Bowie Center for the Performing Arts
Saturday, October 12, 2019, from 7 to 10 pm
There are plenty of talented young singers in Prince George's and Montgomery Counties ... are you one of them? Enter the Xtreme Teens Rising Stars Vocal Showcase competition, and you could be named one of the top singers in the county, plus take home a cash prize!
Teen Vocal Showcase is a vocal performance opportunity for residents ages 10-18. Along with the experience of working with a professional vocal coach, musicians and stylists, there will be prize money awarded in each category. A prize of $1,000 will be given to each of the first place winners, and $500 to each of the second place winners. The categories include Teens, Pre-Teens, and Best Original Performance (a song created by the performer).
The program is FREE, and includes a six-week performance preparation workshop before culminating in a bi-county program that hosts hundreds of guests annually!
- Ages 10-18.
- Prince George’s and Montgomery County residents.
- Soloists only.
- REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. Choose a location, date and time for a summer audition.
- Summer Audition Dates and Times (STUDENTS ONLY):
- Saturday, June 29 - Kentland Community Center, 2413 Pinebrook Road, Landover, MD 20785, 12 noon to 2 pm
- Safe Summer – Recreation Center Auditions:
- Friday, July 5 - Kentland Community Center, 2413 Pinebrook Road, Landover, MD 20785, 10 to 11:30 pm
- Tuesday, July 9 - Suitland Community Center, 5600 Regency Lane, Forestville, MD 20747, 10 to 11:30 pm
- Saturday, July 20 - Oakcrest Community Center from , 1300 Capitol Heights Boulevard
Capitol Heights, MD 20743, 12 noon-2pm.
- Prepare two songs that demonstrate your vocal versatility and range.
- Bring music to the audition on your phone or USB memory stick.
Those who make the cut will have the opportunity to perform in the Showcase!
Note: If you are selected, you will sing one of the two songs from your audition as chosen by staff.
Contact Sharon Williams at 301-341-3749; TTY 301-699-2544.
||Best Original Performance
|1st Place: $1,000
||1st Place: $1,000
||1st Place: $1,000
|2nd Place: $500
||2nd Place: $500||2nd Place: $500