Open by appointment only . Contact staff at Abraham Hall at 240-264-3415.
Built in 1900 as a Methodist church, Dorsey Chapel served as the social and spiritual center of Brookland, an African American farming community. Through the
Through the 1960s the chapel's membership dwindled and the building fell into disrepair. When the chapel was scheduled for demolition in 1980, the Friends of Dorsey Chapel organized to preserve the church.
Today, this small frame meetinghouse-style church is considered an architectural jewel. Designated a Prince George's County "historic site" by the Historic Preservation Commission and restored by M-NCPPC, Dorsey Chapel was re-dedicated and opened to the public as a museum on September 11, 1996. The Chapel is available for rental for small weddings, recitals, and meetings.