Prince George's County Cultural Arts Study
|The Prince George’s Cultural Arts Study is a collaboration with the Prince George’s County Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) and The Prince George’s Arts and Humanities Council.|
Purpose - as envisioned by the Planning Department, the County and its partners.
|To structure the key components of the study with a specific focus on utilizing cultural arts as an economic driver for the county.|
|To explore how the art, culture, and entertainment can play a role in shaping the lives of Prince George’s County residents and the communities in which they live.|
|Identify policy changes that need to occur to ensure that cultural arts are included across all sectors.|
|To ensure Art and Culture is included throughout the County’s infrastructure as ways to advance cultural goals and creative placemaking.|
|To increase opportunities for public art, community art projects, and infrastructure support for artists.|
|Identify opportunities for diverse and intergenerational residents to take an active role in arts and culture programs and recreational activities.|
|To utilize art as a game changer, urban revitalization strategy that will assist in changing the quality of life in our communities across the County.|
|SUMMER 2020 - FALL 2021|
| 6 Community Meetings
Cultural Participation Survey
|Economic Development Report
Economic Development Report
Final Cultural Arts Study
Community Workshop #1 Resources
- The following people/organizations have volunteered to host Community Circles:
- We (email@example.com) would be willing to host a community arts forum in Riverdale, MD.
- Community resources available in Prince George’s County
- Youth Activities/Meeting: The Office of the Poet Laureate offers opportunities for teen poets. Also, Dialect Prince George's operates the Prince George's Youth Poet Laureate Program.
- Teen and adult poets may visit www.pgahc.org/poet-laureate for information of poetry events and opportunities.
- Multilingual Engagement: We need more outreach to immigrant populations - celebrate multilingual heritage. Remember that immigrant includes Latinx, but also Caribbean, West African, South Asian, Brazilian, etc.